Thursday, February 22, 2018, at 3:00 pm
This is an archived event, not part of the current festival.
MicroFEST, an afternoon concert on Thursday, February 22 at 3 p.m. in the College of Staten Island Recital Hall, will feature music by living composers.
- Mark Gustavson's new work IN-BETWEEN, featuring clarinetist Vasko Dukovski.
- Peter Thoegersen's SUMMER IN HELSINKI (American Premiere) for bassoonist Johnny Reinhard and violinist Dan Auerbach in 128 tuning.
- Georg Friedrich Hass's SOLO for viola d'amore, featuring Paul Miller
- Devon Tipp performs his AUGURY II for bassoon and pre-recorded electronics.
- Anton Rovner's BALLAD in 128 for bassoon, featuring Johnny Reinhard. This work was premiered last April in Odessa Philharmonic Hall, Ukraine.
- Angelos Quetzalcoatl performs his TRIBUTE TO VAN HALEN on quartertone guitar.
|Mark Gustavson||Anton Rovner||Georg Friedrich Haas|